Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 all up in da hizzouse

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope your 2013 is off to a running start. I don't know about you but I am totally over the holiday season and look forward to next week, when life can fall in to it's natural rhythm again. This weekend we are parting company with the junky old Ford we have been borrowing since I left town in October. While I am not sorry to no longer be driving a car I have nick-named the "tuna trolley" I will definitely miss the convenience of having two cars. Right about the time I have to start taking the train to ballet class on Tuesday (following having to drive back and forth all over heck and back on Monday in an attempt to take my husband to work and then go to see the acupuncturist again) I fear I shall be overcome with a swelling of nostalgia for that beat up old piece of junk tuna trolley. Sigh... I do not relish the thought of walking alone in the dark through the ghetto to get to class. But, it's ballet class and I will be darned if I'm going to miss it. I suppose I will just carry my elderly can of pepper spray (never mind, I can't find it) and a little flashlight and power through.
Now, I must adjourn and with any luck get some actual work done. Adieu, mes amis!

No comments:

Post a Comment