Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The End of This Whole Physical Therapy Debacle

So my physical therapy appointment this morning lasted all of ten minutes. I told the PT what happened after my last appointment and he made me lay down and moved my legs a bit. My hips instantly responded with echoingly loud cracks, pops, and crunches. If it was TV they would have thrown up a flash screen. Heck, they would have thrown up several.



And then he looked at me and said  "yeah, you are too screwed up for me to do anything with. Keep doing the clam as well as you can but unless they get this rheumatoid thing under control then you are pretty much fucked." Or words to that effect, anyway.
So, back I go to my primary care doctor, I guess, and once again beg him to send me back to the rheumatology department (he ignored me last time). Yaaay.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I am also an adult trying to do ballet for the first time with RA. It is so hard! Fighting through the pain...it's sucky. Unless you have the same problem it is impossible to REALLY understand. I am sorry you are having so much trouble finding the help you need with a good doctor and PT. Hopefully soon! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting the good fight. I am cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am considering switching to a different HMO, as I have just about reached the end of my rope with this one.
      Good luck to you! We'll be doing double pirouettes in our rheumatologist's offices, right?

      Delete