Friday, January 13, 2012

Steppin' Out

Okay, this one isn't a ballet costume, though it was drawn for my ballerina dolly. I was dating a guy who was SUPER IN TO his Irish heritage, can you tell? AH the follies of youth. Anywayssss... I remember very carefully researching step dancing shoes for this outfit. You can tell I got bored when it came time to design the knot work.
I imagine that stage moms spend ridiculous amounts of money on elaborately detailed dresses for their daughter's competitions. I just went online to check it out and guess what? Things have changed in the last eleven years. A lot of the dresses don't look a thing like this anymore. They've changed but not in a good way, if you know what I mean.
Anyway, I have put this up because I am still enamored with the silhouette of this silly thing. And also, kind of pagan details, younger me! Way to go, kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment