Saturday, February 9, 2013

love to eat them peoples, peoples what I love to eat

I ran out of thread halfway through my work day on Wednesday (can't walk, scooter is dead, husband has the car...) and ended up watching a documentary about the Joffrey ballet that my teacher had encouraged us all to watch when they played it on our local PBS station. It's been sitting in my Netflix queue for a while now so I figured I'd give it go. After all, I was done with the dishes and was in no mood to deal with anything as exciting at cleaning the bathtub.
It was fine. You know. A documentary. The snips of performances were interesting and the account of Joffrey's company-saving smash hit featuring the songs of Prince was certainly amusing.
The cat, who is determined to snuggle, by force if necessary, anyone who sits on the couch for more than ten minutes straight, joined me. She enjoys watching TV and in the past I have managed to get her really excited about nature documentaries about bats, but usually she would rather watch humans talking, moving around, and interacting with one another. Well, she was completely captivated by the ballet. Sat there on my lap the entire time, eyes glued to the screen. Maybe she thinks those tiny humans are juuuust about the right size to catch and eat.
In a totally unrelated note I was propositioned by a possibly-homeless guy on my way to ballet class this evening. Aw, yeah. I still got it.

PS: don't envy my ability to take half a day off in the middle of the week to watch TV. I now have to spend part of Saturday and Sunday finishing that work so it can be mailed on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment