Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Fashion Week or Whatever

As much as I love pretty clothes I have to admit that I don't give even the very smallest damn about anyone's fashion week. Judging from the buzz online, though (okay, on the Man Repeller's facebook page), I would say it's probably New York's turn right now. Or else it was, recently. Like I said, I don't really pay attention to that stuff.
Anyway. There is always at least one fashion week collection that is ballet inspired, or pseudo ballet inspired, at any rate. Here are Clover Canyon's rhinestone-encrusted pointe shoe-wearin' models du jour:

and models in pointe shoes always seem to look awkward as all heck, but this one is pulling it off okay (at least in this picture. In others? Mm, not so much):

I do quite like this company's big bold digital prints, though I do wish they didn't insist on making dresses out of icky materials like neoprene. Because: yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment