Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pre-pointe!

So, I am going to take pre-pointe on Thursday. I've decided. I asked and it was okay. I think 3 solid hours of class will probably kill me but I am going to give it a go.
On Tuesday I got to witness the pointe "test" for a couple of my classmates. 32 relevés on each individual foot, one at a time. 32! No barre. And balance/placement count. I died just watching it. Four people took the test, two passed it. I think I will go sit down with my compression socks for a while and just pretend I don't know what is in store for me.
I have a bunch of make up classes that will carry me through the next two months+ without paying extra tuition for the pre-pointe class. Because FO SHO our vet bills right now are STUPID expensive. This cat can start eating on her own again any old time. I found myself working overtime today and thinking "hmm. Well. Two hours of overtime equals three pointe classes." which probably says something.
Also, I guess I am going to be doing relevés every time I go to the bathroom for a while.

5 comments:

  1. Ah ha! I am aiming, at a very advanced age, to at least stand up in a pointe shoe at the barre before I die!

    Releve's -- while yes I am practicing them, oh boy. I will REALLY be practicing them now! =:O

    I hear you on vet bills - we have five cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when I was growing up we had something over 20 cats. No wonder we were always broke!

      Delete
  2. Yay!!!! Congrats!!! I took my first full pointe class today and I thought I was going to die. But that is because my shoes are still not broken in and of corse it was piqué turnes and tombe pas du burre glissade unknown jump jump jump arabesque combos. Crap. Relieves are in my future too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a first time pointe student in class with us. It was adorable! The teacher made her switch to flat shoes halfway through class rather than attempt turns and other center work. In a way it's good to know that we won't be jumping in head first.

      Delete
  3. I wish my teacher had made me... Lol! No she was all, well, lets see it ;) an understood when I dropped down to just Demi for portions when I just couldn't get all the way over my platform. She said we will be moving slower in the future, but it was just me and a girl who's been on pointe for over a year so she figured we would see.

    ReplyDelete